Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wish List

 Everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by His power, and everything is for His glory. --Romans 11:36


I've been wanting to buy a new lens for my Nikon D7000 camera.  I checked Ken Rockwell's site to learn about his reviews on the different types of lens, so that I will have an idea on what lens to buy.  Two lenses have caught my interest, hmm :).

  • Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G - Nikon's fastest lens (according to Ken Rockwell). This is more affordable so I think I will be able to buy this lens next month, hopefully :).

 Amazon Japan Price
38,178 JPY


Nikon 50mm f/1.4 G AF-S Nikkor

















 Ken Rockwell review (source: www.kenrockwell.com)


The new 50mm f/1.4 AF-S is a far better choice than any zoom for use in low light, and effectively quadruples your ISO, with no increase in noise, compared to any exotic f/2.8 zoom. The 50mm f/1.4 increases your ISO by ten times compared to any f/4.5 zoom, again with no change in noise.

  • Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G - Amazon Japan price: 146,000 JPY
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G

 Ken Rockwell's review (source: www.kenrockwell.com)

This new Nikon 85mm f/1.4 is one of the best lenses ever made. It is super-sharp, even at f/1.4. Out-of-focus backgrounds simply melt away into undistracting softness due to this lens' spectacular bokeh, at many apertures. 

This lens' images quickly grab the attention of anyone who's paying attention. The subject pops into extreme sharpness, while the backgrounds just melt away into velvety smoothness.

This new 85mm f/1.4 does this not at just f/1.4; it does this at every aperture. It is super-sharp even at f/1.4 clear out to the corners, and backgrounds remain soft and undistracting even at smaller apertures. The guys at Nikon really pulled off a very subtle and powerful thing with the bokeh of this lens, as I sort of expected, but never to this extent.

The images made by this lens are simply beautiful. I usually want everything ultrasharp, which this lens does, but if there are backgrounds, they fade away into smooth softness, not the unsharp business of lesser lenses. 

Backgrounds never distract, even at smaller apertures.


Wow, Nikon 85mm 1.4G is a super lens, but the price is super too!. So, maybe this lens will remain on my wishlist for a long time. Let's wait and see.

Here's another one on my wishlist that I have been saving for (malapit na mapuno alkansya ko, yey!). - Louis Vuitton bag for my birthday (still 5 months away from now).


Here's another one that I would like to add to my wishlist. So, I better be good so that Santa will give me all the items on my wishlist before I move out of Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment