Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Love for Book Series

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. ~Paul Sweeney

My love for book series started during the Harry Potter days. I remember I bought the first 2 Harry Potter books for my 2 girls to read. The girls didn't read the books, so I ended up reading the books instead. I got hooked to Harry Potter, and that started it all. I bought all the 7 books and I watched all the Harry Potter movies. I felt sad when the Harry Potter story ended in book 7.



After Harry Potter, the Twilight book series came out. It was my girl who requested me to buy the first book. She said she had read some parts of the book in her school library and she wanted to read the whole book. Yeah, I know the book series is for younger generation, but that did not stop me from reading the first book. I enjoyed reading the book. I fell in love with the main characters Bella, Edward, and Jacob and I got hooked to Twilight. So, I ended up buying, reading, and re-reading all the 4 books :).


My hunt for book series continued after Harry Potter and Twilight.

These are the other book series that I enjoyed reading. These are are as good as Harry Potter and Twilight and I would definitely recommend to other book series lovers as well.

  • A Great and Terrible Beauty series by Libba Bray

Book 1
Book 2
Book 3



  • House of Night Series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

I still have to buy the last book - Awakened.

  • The Immortals by Alyson Noel
I am now reading the 5th book - Night Star



  • Fallen Angel by Heather Terrell
Book 1



Book 2
  • Millennium Series by Stieg Larsson

  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins








No comments:

Post a Comment