Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pepsi Special Fat Blocking Soda - Only in Japan


A new soda, Pepsi Special has just been launched in Japan. It claims that it helps reduce body fat.  Hmmm, sounds too good to be true.



I'm not a fan of diet sodas because I know diet sodas are unhealthy.  But, I got curious of this new product that claims that it can help get rid of fat, and so I bought 2 bottles this afternoon when I went to Daie supermarket so I that I can give it a try :).  It tastes good, just like diet Pepsi or Coke. But I am still not convinced that it can really get rid of fat.

Here's something that I got from my google research.

In Japan, the Suntory beverage company -- PepsiCo's sole distributor in Japan since 1997 -- is marketing "Pepsi Special," a black-and-gold bottle featuring "dextrin," which the company claims is a fiber that blocks fat absorption. Suntory also claims that Pepsi Special reduces "the postprandial rise in triglycerides in the blood."
The implication seems to be that drinking Pepsi Special while eating will somehow reduce the amount of fat you digest. The brand is being advertised as a "FOSHU" product, shorthand for "food specified health use." Black and gold was chosen to impart "a sense of luxury."


Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/pepsi-special-fat-blocking-soda-in-japan-2012-11#ixzz2Crbe48Zo





No comments:

Post a Comment