Monday, July 16, 2012

Good Hair Day

My hair is naturally straight and it has always been straight for as long as I can remember. If others are investing money to have their hair straightened or re-bonded, I don't have to spend much on my naturally straight hair. I only need regular hair cut, hot oil,  or hair spa which does not cost much.


Just recently, I decided to splurge on my hair for a change :). I have heard about the digital perm which is now popular in Japan and Korea, and decided to try it.

From Wikipedia:
A digital perm is a perm which uses hot rods with the temperature regulated by a machine. However, the process of the perm is quite analogous to that of a traditional perm. Hairstylists usually call it a "hot perm, but is commonly known as a "digital perm" A normal perm basically requires only the perm solution. A digital perm requires a different solution plus heat. This type of perm is now popular in both South Korea and Japan. Digital perm is usually a little bit more expensive than a cold perm.

A digital perm makes the hair wavy when it is dry, so you just need to dry it with a blow dryer, and use your hand to make the curl. Styling is very easy, and if you set the curl in the morning, at the end of the day when the wave loosens, you can revive the curl just by curling it with your finger.

This is me with my new curly hair and I'm loving it :).

2 weeks after I got my hair permed.





No comments:

Post a Comment