Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Taking Care of the Temple


“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?”1 Corinthians 6:19


Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live. ~Jim Rohn


We are what we eat and we are what we do to our body.  If we eat unhealthy food and do not take care of our body, then we are doing harm to the temple of the Holy Spirit.  Since our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, we have to be kind to our body by taking care of it, by eating healthy food and exercising regularly, for ourself, our family, and for our loved ones.

It was last year when I reached my breaking point. I was not really overweight, but I couldn't stand the way I look in the pictures and I couldn't wear my favorite jeans anymore. So, I decided to lose weight. My effort has paid off. I achieved my weight loss goal, and I feel healthier now. I can now wear my favorite jeans and so happy of my achievement. After all, I am responsible of taking care of my own body because it's the only place I have to live.  


Recently, I received an inspiring feedback from someone who told me that I have the body of a twenty something woman and that person likes my new pictures where I look really fit.  Isn't that amazing?  It feels really good to get nice feedback like this. Now I am more inspired to continue my quest to take care of the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment