Saturday, September 29, 2012

Beauty Junkie




I always want to look my best and I'm sure all women would always want to look their best. If we are not born beautiful, we strive to look beautiful.  However, because of too much stress, improper eating habits, and lack of exercise, many people tend to show signs of aging early on.  Lifestyle and how we care for our skin contribute a lot to our looks. I am going to share here some beauty tips that I always keep in mind to keep me looking at my best.  These are not my tips.  I came across these tips through google research (courtesy of LifeMojo.com).

Basic Beauty Tips for Women:

1. Wash your face regulary (at least twice a day, but no more than thrice).
I wash my face in the morning and evening using a cleanser that suits my skin. I like Shiseido Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam as this is gentle and best suits my skin.  If I try other cleansers, my skin breaks out. This cleanser is just perfect for me.
2. Exfoliate regularly.  
Try to exfoliate at least once or twice a week. Exfoliation helps replenish the required oils of the body and removes dry, dead skin cells and dirt.

This one I don't do regularly.

3. Moisturize. 
It is important to maintain the skin's moisture content, so we should moisturize daily.

These are the beauty products that I am using. I moisturize with Olay Regenerist after applying SKII Facial Treatment Essence (P&G products). Olay is not available in Japan, so I buy Olay every time I get the chance to go to back to Philippines. If I run out of Olay, I buy Shiseido (our competitive product, sorry :). And if I have extra money, I sometimes buy SKII moisturizer but the price is so "takai" here in Japan (super expensive).





4. Don't forget sunscreen.
Most day creams already contain SPF 15-30. Olay Regenerist has SPF30, therefore no need to apply a separate sunscreen.

5. Get enough sleep.
I always try to get 7-8 hours sleep everynight. Sometimes I only get 6 hours of sleep but I feel better if I  have 7 hours sleep. 7 is my magic number in terms of number of sleep hours :).

6. Drink lots of water.
Recommendation is to drink 8 glasses of water to keep our skin hydrated.
I drink more than that. In fact I drink a lot of water (more than 3 liters per day), and I drink more if I am working out/exercising.

7. A healthy diet
I stay away from oily, greasy food. I eat a lot of green leafy vegetables and fruits.

8. Exercise regularly.
Exercising makes you sweat a lot and in the process the skin cleanses itself.

I exercise everyday. Zumba and Core Rhythms are among my favorite dance exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment